Another award huh? I’m as surprised as you are!
Does this mean I get a pay rise? No.
*grumble grumble* So what’s the award? Well *copy and paste* “It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
And you won that? Shut up, I’m totally amazing.
I think you mean we’re amazing, we both won the award. Yeah yeah yeah…
So these things have rules right? What are they? Award logo in blog. List rules. Thank who nominated me. Tell the reader 3 things about myself. Nominated 10-20(!) people. Ask your nominee 5 questions with one weird or funny question. And share a link to one of your best posts.
Right so who nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award? It was Auri! Of Manga Toritsukareru Koto! Thank you so much, this means so much to me!
Indeed! So now I need to ask 3 things about you? Or is it about me? Things get confusing when there’s two of us? The only thing that’s confusing is that you still think you’re a real person and not a construct of my mind.
*completely ignores remark* I suppose we’ll just get you to answer the 3 things about you, I like to keep up some anonymity… Right… So 1st thing about me is that I’m Australian, I don’t know if that’s some big secret or not, but I think I’m like the least Australian Australian there is, I’m pale, I don’t drink beer (only the finest bourbon for me thank you very much) and I have zero interest in sports! That’s probably already counts as 3 things but I’m going to keep going because I like talking about myself. 2nd thing is despite studying Japanese for 5 years through primary and high school; I can barely speak it at all! *sad face* I wish more of it sunk in but being a writer, I’m so connected to the English language that Japanese just seems so hard by comparison! Sure I can recognise and say all the hiragana and know what a lot of words mean, but it’s still a slow process. 3rd thing kind of ties into that previous point, because I am a writer, a novelist actually… except all my novels are unpublished. I’ve got one that I’m very proud of that got rejected by a lot of publishers, so at the moment I’m just deciding whether I self publish on Amazon!
Well that was all very interesting, I had no idea you were Australian? *sigh* sure you didn’t.
Right, and so now Auri has asked you some questions now in VN form? What does that mean? Ah, Visual Novel! You know it’s weird that you happened to chose VN style questions because just last night I was working on a 20 Question Anime Review for an anime that was based on a VN! Spooky! (P.S. A million points to the person who correctly guesses it!)
Right. So these questions look like they can’t be asked by me, because they’re about me. So how are we going to do this? What should I do? You go away and do something boring and heteronormative and I’ll bring out the ‘ol copy paste!
- One day you wake up and find your yet to be named construct of mind making you breakfast. How would you react? And also how’d you imagine him/ her to look? (I assumed he’s a he…but…I don’t know so…)
Making me breakfast, huh? Just wearing an apron and nothing else? No wait, ugh! I’m not into that, he’s unfortunately male. He’s basically me if I weren’t into anime and was boring and liked to judge me for being into cute girls. Basically your typical male, although he’s a bit more friendly. I don’t know why I didn’t make him female. I guess I don’t think of women as being as judgemental? How would I react? Well I’d be annoyed that he’s using my kitchen, I do all the cooking here!
- After your first interaction you decide to sit down and eat the breakfast first. As you eat, when you try to start a conversation you realise that you can only talk if it’s an answer to a question he asks. Your thoughts on this?
Makes sense, I’m shy in real life and generally only answer when spoken too unless I’m with really close friends. Oh no these answers are getting serious!
- And of all the days possible this is when you have an important party to attend. You decide to manage the situation how? You can call it damage control!
A party?! Well I guess I’ll have to get ol’ Question boy to follow me around and ask me questions that allow me to still talk to people, assuming he’ll cooperate! Either that or I do something stupid, like say the theme of the party is a silent party and everyone has to communicate through non-verbal gestures. That’d work right? (You can totally tell I have lots of parties…)
- Somehow you manage to finish the day off without any major upsets. (The minor ones however do include ignoring your friend asking about you and managing to get him/ her upset). You’d end the day with…..
- Well that’s the end of one of the weirdest day in the year! He’s disappeared for now, but would you get back at him on the blog? If so how?
I’d find a replacement. Preferably a cute girl, so that when they appear in my life again it’ll be more pleasant when they’re just wearing an apron… Wait did I say that out loud?!
Right. I’m back from reinforcing gender stereotypes, everything all good here? Don’t you ever appear to me in real life, okay? And if you do please for the love of god wear some underpants.
I’m so confused right now. You and me both.
Right… So now you have to nominate your ‘best post’, that’s awfully subjective isn’t it? I know, all my posts are my best posts!
Let’s reign in the ego a bit, which one will you pick? *drum roll* going all the way back to my third ever 20 Question Anime Review it’s my review of ‘Dagashi Kashi’, 2 views, zero likes! And I was really proud of this review! Not that I blame anyone for not having read it, it was in the early days after all! But in all seriousness I think it’s still a very funny review, even if I hadn’t gotten all the kinks worked out. I think it was this particular review where I realised, yes, this is fun and yes this is what I want to do with my time.
Cool, I can get behind that. So who are you going to nominate it said you had to do 10 right? Yeah I don’t think I’m going to nominate 10, I feel like it’d be rude to bother that many people, besides, these posts take a long time to write!
But you had fun, doing this yeah? Of course!
So don’t you think other people might have fun? Fine… how about 5 nominees! My nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award will be:
The AniMessenger @theanimessenger
Don’t feel obliged to do it if you don’t have the time though! Just know that I think your work is super and deserving of an award. And if you weren’t nominated don’t think that means I don’t think your blog is less deserving, I just didn’t want to hassle too many people! I’m still all new to this awards stuff!
And the five questions you want to ask them?
1. Do you think you could survive on a remote tropical island with no one else around? What about for 7 whole days?
2. Do you enjoy seeing live music and concerts? If so who was your favourite artist that you saw live?
3. You can have a body pillow (dakimakura) of any anime character? Who is it of?
4. Name an inanimate object, suddenly you’ve got the magical ability to create one of these items per day, what is it?
5. Now you’re trapped on a remote tropical island, with your favourite musician you saw live, the actual anime character brought to life that you wanted as a body pillow and that power of yours from question 4. What do you do for the next 7 days?
Fair enough! Any last words? Wow that sounded sinister!
I meant for the post. Right, well thanks again for Auri for nominating me, this has been really fun! And thank you all for reading!